Replated 2 and 4 stroke cylinders are guaranteed for life against flaking.
Remanufactured engines 2, and 4 stroke, have a 1 year limited warranty.
Remanufactured engines 'a la carte' have a 3 month warranty.
Heads have a 3 month warranty when remanufactured according to our recommendations.
Remanufactured 2 stroke crankshafts have a 1 year no fault warranty.
Remanufactured 4 stroke crankshafts have a 3 month warranty.
CVTs have a 2 year warranty.
All PBX and TBX CVT belts have a 1 year warranty.
Other parts sold by Umatek are warrantied according to the manufacturer’s policy.
Covered by the warranty :
- Faulty workmanship or manufacturing
- Defective materials
- Peeling / flaking of Nika Tech caused by a defect in the plating process.
The terms of warranty become invalid in the event of :
- Improper Installation
- Poor performance caused by improper engine break-in
- Lack of lubrication
- Poor maintenance
- Competition vehicles (Example: CR, CRR, KX, KDX, KFX, RM, RMX, RMZ, DZR, LTR, YZ, YZF, KTM, Banshee, Motocross, etc.)
- Vehicle abuse
- Use of any other non-standard parts
- Improper storage
- Vehicle property transfer or sale
Not covered by the warranty :
- Breakdown and / or failure of any related parts
- Damage caused during transportation
- Normal wear
- All other damages caused by elements beyond our control
- Dealership Labor
Umatek has a warranty policy subject to change without notice.
Umatek reserves the right to reject all claims deemed not in accordance with the warranty policy.
Umatek’s liability is only in the replacement and / or repair of its remanufactured parts that are found to be defective.
Umatek disclaims any liability due to damage, injury, replacement goods, loss of income or dividend (travel expenses, hotels, telephone charges, towing, etc.)
Our remanufactured parts must be installed carefully by a competent mechanic following the proper procedures.
The warranty period starts from the date of the invoice.
Warranty claim conditions :
- Only the original purchaser can make the claim, according to the warranty period specified for the item, from the original invoice date. Proof of purchase must be submitted upon request by the original purchaser.
- The customer must follow the claim procedures and must contact Umatek within 10 days from the time the defect is discovered.
- The customer must return the defective part (all assembled), with all of its original components, within 30 days from the declaration.
- Umatek is not responsible for any parts that are returned without the approval and without the authorization (RMA) number.
- For security, each part that is returned to Umatek must be identified correctly with the return authorization number on the piece with a label and all the documents must be included.
- If the part sent to Umatek is not guaranteed, the transportation costs will be charged.
One shall always contact the RMA departmant for written consent before dismantling any assembled part from Umatek. This may limit problem analysis and could even void the warranty.
Note: A Return Material Authorization (RMA) is not considered a warranty.