Replated 2 and 4 stroke cylinders are guaranteed for life against flaking.
Remanufactured engines 2, and 4 stroke, have a 1 year guarantee.
Remanufactured engines a la carte are guaranteed for a 3 months period.
Remanufactured heads 2, and 4 stroke, are guaranteed for 3 months.
Remanufactured 2 stroke crankshafts have a 1 year guarantee no fault.
Remanufactured 4 stroke crankshafts are guaranteed for 3 months.
CVTs are guaranteed for 2 years or 5,000 kilometers.
Other parts sold by Umatek are guaranteed according to the manufacturer’s policy.
- Faulty workmanship or manufacturing
- Defective materials used
- Peeling / flaking / veneer caused by a defect in the process
The terms of warranty becoming invalid in the event of :
- Improper Installation
- Poor performance caused by improper engine break-in
- Lack of lubrication
- Poor maintenance
- Competition vehicles (Example: CR, CRR, KX, KDX, KFX, RM, RMX, RMZ, DZR, LTR, YZ, YZF, KTM, Banshee, Motocross, etc.)
- Vehicle abuse
- Use of any other non-standard parts
- Breakdown and / or failure of any related parts
- Damage caused during transportation
- Excessive oil consumption
- Normal wear
- All other damages caused by elements beyond our control
Umatek has a warranty policy subject to change without notice.
Umatek reserves the right to reject all claims deemed not in accordance with the warranty policy.
Umatek’s liability is only in the replacement and / or repair of its remanufactured parts that are found to be defective.
Umatek disclaims any liability due to damage, injury, replacement goods, loss of income or dividend (travel expenses, hotels, telephone charges, towing, etc.)
Our remanufactured parts must be installed carefully by a competent mechanic following the proper procedures.
The warranty period starts from the date of the invoice.
- Only the original purchaser can make the claim, according to the warranty period specified for the item, from the original invoice date. Proof of purchase must be submitted upon request by the original purchaser.
- The customer must follow the claim procedures and must contact Umatek within 10 days from the time the defect is discovered.
- The customer must return the defective part (all assembled), with all of its original components, within 30 days from the declaration.
- Umatek is not responsible for any parts that are returned without the approval and without the authorization (RMA) number.
- For security, each part that is returned to Umatek must be identified correctly with the return authorization number on the piece with a label and all the documents must be included.
- If the part sent to Umatek is not guaranteed, the transportation costs will be charged.
Note: A Return Material Authorization (RMA) is not a guarantee.